Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Salon Edge UV Lamp Nail Polish Dryer


Salon Edge UV Lamp Nail Polish Timer 36W Acrylic Gel Light Dryer With Slide Out Tray Review



I was so excited to review this nail dryer and tested it out as soon as it arrived!  I quickly unboxed it and noticed it was a bit bigger than I expected.  It also had no instructions in the box, which I found a bit strange.  As I continued to set it up, I realized I was happy it was a large dryer because it is built very sturdy and I can place my hand inside without hitting the sides. The bulbs are packaged separate in cardboard boxes (4) that you install. I ran into a little issue with installing the bulbs. I unboxed them and installed all 4. I then turned on the unit and only 2 of the bulbs worked. I turned it off and wiggled the bulbs around a bit. I turned it back on and only 1 build was working. I removed all the bulbs and looked at them closely. I noticed the bulbs had a little notch at the bottom that looked like it needed to be pushed in. I put all the bulbs back in and pushed with force.....they each clicked in. I thought they were faulty bulbs but really I needed to use some force with installing them. After I got all the bulbs working it was time to test the dryer.






Since the dryer had no instructions, I was unsure if had to use UV polish or if I could use  regular polish as well.  I went to Amazon and read some reviews and realized I could use either.  I have a bit of a nail polish addiction and could have easily chose one from my collection....but I decided to go purchase a new polish instead.  Did I mention I have a polish addiction?  I decided to pick up the new Miracle Gel polishes by Sally Hansen in a beautiful periwinkle color.




This unit comes with 3 dryer settings, I choose the 90 second setting. My results turned out beautiful and it completely cured my nails in 90 seconds!  Here is a quick breakdown of my experience:

Pros
-big unit allows for hands to not bump edges and get nicked
-slide out tray for removing hands
-3 timer settings
-ability to use with gel polish, UV polish, or regular polish
-reflected foil on inside helps with uv rays curing time
-great for travel
-can use to cure toes as we'll

Cons
-comes with no instructions
-need to use force when installing bulbs

Overall, this is a great UV dryer that you can use with regular polish, gel polish, UV polish, use with hands or toes, and travel with!!  You can find the Salon Edge UV Lamp on Amazon.com



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Two speeds and four heat settings mean that you'll be able to work with your hair like a professional does. salon hair dryer

    ReplyDelete